Mar 22, 2011

What I'm Reading Now Week 12

Rigged: The True Story of an Ivy League Kid Who Changed the World of Oil, From Wall Street to Dubai by Ben Mezrich.

After reading Bringing Down the House by Mezrich, I was intrigued when I saw this book by the same author.  It was released in 2007 and tells the story of a young man fresh out of Harvard Business School who moves to New York and begins working for the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX).  While there he is given the opportunity to pair with a young man from Dubai to create the Dubai Mercantile Exchange from the ground up.  While lacking in many of the technical details with regards to how oil futures are traded, this is an interesting first glimpse into a world that I admit that I know very little about.  Oil seems to be on everyone's mind these days and this book caught my eye.  It is an easy read (I finished it in a day), yet it was entertaining enough that I am interested in learning more about a commodity that wields enormous power in our society.

1 comment:

  1. hello!,I love your writing very a lot! proportion we keep in touch more approximately your article on
    AOL? I need an expert on this area to resolve my problem.
    May be that's you! Looking forward to peer you.

    My blog cheap auto insurance coverage

    ReplyDelete