Feb 2, 2011

Can You Recycle Bottle Caps?


I've long known that bottle caps are considered a contaminant when recycling plastic bottles and the difference comes down to the fact that bottles and their caps are made of two different types of plastics.  Why this is important in recycling is based on the chemistry of these plastics.  They melt at very different temperatures.  This is an article I found on Recyclebank that the explains this difference and how it affects how we recycle.  Let me know what you think and while you are at it, Recyclebank has 2 new quizzes you can take to earn another 60 points!  Remember, it is not how well you score that matters so watch the short videos and give it your best!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure this post has touched all the internet visitors, its really really fastidious article on
    building up new web site.

    Also visit my blog :: online auto insurance purchase

    ReplyDelete